The Ridge Tool Company, a division of Emerson Electric Co. (“RIDGID”, “we”, or “us”) is aware of the need to address Internet privacy issues and we believe you should be aware of how we intend to treat any information about you that we might receive on the Internet as a result of your visit to the RIDGIDConnect.com website (the “Site”).
Information About Online Visitors
We collect and disclose information from our website users in several ways.
- Non-Paying Users. If you are a non-paying user, we collect information during the registration process. When you register to receive a password, you are required to provide us with certain contact information such as your name and email address.
Our goal is to respect your privacy and maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. We may, however, collect certain demographic information for use in our marketing initiatives. That information will not include your personally identifiable information. The demographic information will be used so that we can get a better understanding of the tools being used and services being provided in your area. We do not use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose except to provide you with specific information relating to the operation of the Site.
If you are a non-paying user, you are currently working with a contractor who is a paid subscriber to the Site. That contractor may have required you to provide personal information in connection with the performance of services. The contractors that you work with are independent third parties and we have no control over how they use the personal information they may have collected from you.
- Paid Subscriber. If you are a paid subscriber to the Site, we collect information during the enrollment process. When you enroll, you are required to provide us with certain contact information such as your name, address, company, email address, telephone number, fax number, and to adopt a user name and password.
In addition to the personal information described above, you will be asked to provide credit card account information. This information will be provided to our third party credit card processing partner. We will not retain a record of your credit card data. The credit card processing company will, however, have personally identifiable information concerning you.
We will use your personal information to facilitate your use of our Site. We may also use that information to send you emails containing information and promotional materials about our products and services. If you do receive such e-mails from us, you will be entitled to opt out of receiving those materials through opt out information provided in each of the email messages we send to you.
As a paid subscriber, you will, in most cases, provide us with information relating to your customers (“Customer Information”). We will store this information on our server for access by you in connection with your use of the Site. We agree that at all times you shall retain ownership of this Customer Information and we will not use such Customer Information for any purpose whatsoever, except (i) to the extent necessary to provide to you the services offered through the Site, and (ii) as provided in the following sentence. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may: (i) use the Customer Information to compile statistical and performance information related to you and your customers’ use of the Site, and (ii) use portions of the Customer Information that do not contain personally identifiable elements for purposes of creating reports (such as demographic reports) and in other marketing activities we initiate.
- General Information. Our web servers collect the domain names, not the email addresses, of visitors. In general, we gather information about users of the Site collectively in order to determine, for example, which areas users access more frequently and which materials users access the most.
This information helps us to determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall experience for our users by improving the content of the Site.
- Surveys. We may also ask you to voluntarily provide us with information for market research such as, your interests, demographics, and experience with our products. Participation in these requests is completely voluntary and you, therefore, have a choice whether or not to disclose additional information that may be requested.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may, on occasion, share personal information about visitors to our Site among our corporate affiliates and subsidiary companies for purposes related to the business of those affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Other Disclosure. Except as provided otherwise herein, we will not sell, rent or furnish your personal information to other unaffiliated organizations except as required in the normal course business or in connection with a subpoena or other judicial or governmental request for information.
There is a technology called "cookies" which is an element of data that a website can send to your browser which may then be stored on your system.
The Site may contain links to other websites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
Children and Privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from or about children age 13 and under.
We take precautions to protect the personal information of the users of the Site. Our safeguards include technical means and policies and procedures that our staff is trained to follow. As a registered user, you will receive a user ID and password, which you should keep confidential. If you leave your computer’s Internet browser running and someone else uses your computer, they may be able to access your account. As such, if your computer is not physically secure, remember to shut down your browser before you leave it.
We try to reduce the likelihood of accidental disclosures and unintended access and modification of personal information, but it is impossible to eliminate this possibility completely.
Protecting Your Own Privacy
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information can be collected and used by others. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your user ID, passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Correction/Updating of Personal Information
If your personal information changes (such as your telephone number or address), you can request that we modify such information by contacting us. We will comply with all appropriate requests within a reasonable time.
If at any time we change our privacy commitment, we will post those changes here so that you will know what information we gather and how we might use that information.
If you have any questions, please do no hesitate to contact us for further information about our privacy policies.